The information on hospital performance collected through the Leapfrog Hospital Survey is unique and unavailable anywhere else. Unlike many other data sources, Leapfrog's data is available by individual bricks-and-mortar facility, providing a robust data set unlike any other.
The Leapfrog Hospital Survey includes:
- C-section rates, rates of early elective deliveries, rates of episiotomy, and high-risk delivery capabilities
- Practices for safer health care, including nursing workforce, hand hygiene policies, culture of safety, leadership pertaining to safety and teamwork training
- Predicted mortality rates for high-risk procedures
- Computerized physician order entry implementation and effectiveness
- ICU staffing to reduce mortality
- Infection rates for hospital-acquired infections
- Hospitals' Never Events policies
- Resource use for common acute conditions
Driven by Purchasers
In 1999, the Institute of Medicine reported that nearly 98,000 Americans were dying annually due to medical errors. In response, a group of large employers gather to form The Leapfrog Group.
Their goal? To collect data that ensure they are receiving the best possible value for their employees' health benefits and to drive giant leaps forward in hospital safety, quality and transparency.
Together with leading hospital safety and quality researchers, physicians and academics, they developed the Leapfrog Hospital Survey. In 2015, 1,750 hospitals participated in the Survey.
Start Using Leapfrog Data.