Health plans that utilize the Leapfrog VBP Platform request that hospitals in their network participate in the annual Leapfrog Hospital Survey. Leapfrog applies its VBP Platform methodology to hospitals' survey results and gives each facility an overall value score. The value score enables the plan to rank the hospitals and set benchmarks for financial awards or incentives, such as allocating the highest rewards to hospitals scoring in the top decile. All participating hospitals receive a report detailing their Survey performance and results twice per year.
Unique features of the Leapfrog VBP Platform include:
- Simple and quick implementation using a predetermined methodology
- Branded by The Leapfrog Group, whose reputation for scientific integrity is second to none
- Developed by a national steering committee of health economists, leading employer representatives, researchers and academics
- Minimal hospital burden for participation by using a single data collection and reporting source
- Engages hospitals by providing a report that enables payors and purchasers to discuss quality and safety performance with hospital leaders
- Based on an evidence-based, nationally standardized measure set that includes health care-acquired conditions, medication errors, high-risk procedures, maternity care and more
- Calculates an overall value score for each hospital
- Flexible to allow payors to customize program components, including eligibility and payments
Ready to implement a value-based purchasing program?
Let's start a discussion on how the Leapfrog VBP Platform can work for you.